Friday 1 February 2013

New Ideas

Before filming doing any extra filming we first need to brainstorm some ideas on what to film and where etc. Looking back at the footage which we have so far, the dance studio bits look amazing and one of our teachers advised us that maybe we could focus on the dance studio, which Ellie and I have agreed to do. Looking through our music video, there is not a lot of lipsyncing throughout, so when we go to film more we will definately film some more lipsyncing.

For inspiration Ellie and I searched through music video using Youtube. The videos we looked at were Adele's 'Chasing Pavements'and Beyonce's 'Halo'.

I did some further research myself at home, watching different music videos and picking out bits which I liked.
The first video I looked up was Pixie Lott's 'Broken Arrow' as it is the same sort of mood, self-conflict theme and has too dance studio scenes.
I liked how the protagonist's emotions were expressed through dance, which we also have included in our own video. I also liked how flattering the close-up shots were of the singer, the shots really portrayed the feel of the song, the shots were diverse - which is another thing that we need to include in our own music video.



Then I looked at Christina Aguliera's 'You Lost Me', which is another similar song with the themes being conflict, loss and reflection. In this video I particularly liked the use/ lack of colour as it shows the portagonist's pain and distress, the lack of colour helped to make the artist the focus of the video as it helped to draw focus to her red lipstick and blue eye contacts.


Then I looked at one of my favourite videos by AaRON - '(lili) U-Turn' which I looked at and briefly analysed at the start of the course.


Afterwards, Ellie and I brainstormed some ideas and this is what we came up with:
  • Redo the beginning: blurred shot of the protagonist dancing in the distance in black and white, the artist's name and the title of the song then should disolve in and out.
  • Need to include more lip sync shots
  • Shots of actor singing (against a white wall so that there is no background)
  • Extra dance shots
  • Include spilt screens
  • Change of costume

No comments:

Post a Comment