Monday 24 September 2012

My Favourite Music Video

My favourite music video has to be Pixie Lott's "Cry me out." The reason why I love the video is because I like the use of black and white shots, it has a certain class to it, the old/golden Hollywood feel, the slight gothic element, the ballet dance sequences and how the singer looks bold/ strong yet beautiful.
In every scene/shot you can't help but keep your focus on Pixie because she stands out with her blonde 'bombshell' hair, her amazing costumes and she is mostly in the centre of the scene which directs the audiences attention.





Whenever I listen to this song the images/shots that come to my mind is when Pixie is singing infront of the mirror, when she's walking down the hall past the ballet dancers and the close-up shots of her by the pool at the end.
Directed by Jake Nava (who also directed Adele 'Someone like You,' Kayne West 'Monster' and Beyonce's 'Single Ladies' and 'Crazy in Love'), overall the video is very pop and appeals to its teen audience, both male and female, effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment